Friday, March 10, 2006

Second skirt, better than the first



As promised here is the second skirt I've completed. The fabric is a paisley print by Amy Butler. I've included a close up shot so you can see the detail of the print. The picture of the skirt itself is a little blurry because I took the picture myself, indoors, at night.

The pattern was a very simple one from McCall's I believe (I know some others here are using it. I omitted the ribbon embellishment that goes around the hips). There's a 7-inch zipper in the center back and pleats in the upper front and back.

I couldn't get decent detailed shots in this bad lighting but am hoping to add some to my blog in the near future. That way you can see just how imperfect this skirt actually is. Nonetheless, as you can see from the title, I like this skirt better than my first one. With a few adjustments it'll be ready to wear out. I do wish it was a tad bit longer, but that's it. I won't be too hard on myself. This isn't Project Runway, after all.