Friday, March 31, 2006

A Total Bag Lady

How perfect is this?
I am a total bag lady. One pair of black pumps, one pair of taupe, a gazillion totes and sacks and purses. We all have our thing. Amazingly, I haven't knit or felted a bag yet... I am afraid that once I start, I won't knit my socks anymore! I am too cold to let that happen! But that is another blog...


Big Ideas



I have a book I love called Sewing Terrific Totes and Carryalls by Carol Parks.

I am thinking of modifying this quilted duffle into something more tote shaped (a little taller, I think.)







With this material. The roosters on the outside and the batik on the inside- fussy cutting so that the yellow star ends up in the middle of the bottom.

I am going to make this for my sister, if I can bear to part with it. My mom warned her recently not to tell people that she likes roosters or she will end up with a houseful. I would like to say though, that the rooster thing started because my Godmother passed away in November and my sister wanted the ceramic Rooster that was in her kitchen as a momento, but someone else more directly related had already made dibs on it. Now she is looking for something similar to remind her of Patti. Not that we have to try hard to remember her.


And Then...



From a great book called Bags with Style by Stephanie Kimura,

the Zanzibar purse in Dragonflies.









I am a bit concerned that the spacing on the dragonflies is a bit too much to work with the size of the purse. I need to fiddle with it a bit more to see. I love the bamboo handles with this fabric. This picture doesn't do it justice. The picture above gives a better idea of the luster of the fabric and the depth of color. Yum.



So this is ME. I am thrilled to be a part of Sew? I knit!